December 21, 2007

Winter Reading Challenge - My List of Books

For those of you who might be interested in my blogger friend, Inksplasher's Winter Reading Challenge, here's the beginning of my list of books that I intend to read this winter (please read my post of December 19 (below) for more information):

Three Cups of Tea

Three Cups of Tea, by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin, a non-fiction NYT bestseller about an American nurse who attempts to climb a challenging mountain in Pakistan, fails and becomes seriously ill. He is nursed back to health by villager, then promises to repay their kindness by building a school in their village. I've heard that it's an uplifting story that seems like a great read for this month. That will be first book. I'll post reviews of each book as I finish them.

After Three Cups of Tea, I plan to read Water for Elephants, a novel by Sara Gruen.

Then, The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck which is considered a classic.

Pope Joan, a novel by Donna Cross.

And more books to come...stay tuned...

8 comments:

Karlene said...

Great list! Excited that you joined the Winter Reading Challenge. This will be fun. :)

Deb said...

Pearl Buck! Hooray! That book is fantastic. I read it years ago, right before a trip to China.

You should check out my book list on my blog (I think I posted it sometime in early December). There are some awesome looking titles, and a lot of them ended up under the Christmas tree this year, so I've got some serious reading to do this winter.

bmg mom said...

To Karlene:
Thanks! I'm looking forward to it.
-bmgmom

___________________________

To Deb:
Sounds great, Deb...but...that's gonna be tricky, what with all that Wii and XBox 360 activity, no?
;-)

-bmgmom

Anonymous said...

I am also going to read Water For Elephants. I have heard it is a great read ! This is my first book challenge and I am looking forward to it !

MarĂ­a said...

Water for Elephants is a great book, as well as Pearl Buck.

Enjoy them!!

Kidazy said...

Definitely let me know how Water for Elephants is, i've been eying that one for quite some time now!

Anonymous said...

pope joan - geez, that's an old book. i started it, years ago, but never finished it, for some reason. did you end up reading it?

bmg mom said...

No, I haven't read Pope Joan yet, I'm working my way through Water for Elephants. I finished Three Cups of Tea and will post my review soon.