Listen to our radio show from Saturday, Oct 13 by clicking on the blue play button in the right sidebar or by clicking here. PKTR's hosts discussed Jessica Seinfeld's new cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious: Simple Secrets to Get Your Kids Eating Good Food" where she puts pureed veggies into basic kid friendly recipes. Have you tried the recipes? Did you see her on one of her many recent TV appearances? Well, the hosts have quite a bit to say about it.
E-mail us at pktalkradio@yahoo.com and let us know what you think (or post a comment here).
You can read more about the cookbook by visiting two posts on my main blog. The first post provides a handy list of purees used in the recipes and the second post tells you about how the members of my family responded to the food.
October 13, 2007
Jessica Seinfeld's "Deceptively Delicious" Cookbook
Tags: cookbooks, kid friendly food, purees, Seinfeld
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













2 comments:
everywhere i look, people are commenting about this cookbook. i guess i'm going to have to give in to the pressure and buy it...even though my kids eat their veggies with pureeing them.
You know what?
I'd listen to our podcast (click in right sidebar to get to the right show) before you go out and buy it. If your kids are eating their veggies now, I really wouldn't get it.
I think it's good for young children (say, toddlers) just before they get into eating all types of adult foods. Beyond seven or so, I just don't think it's necessary (especially if they already like the veggies!). I'd say count your blessings and keep doing what you're doing!!
Thanks again for the comment!
Post a Comment